Friday 7 January 2011

Stairs, One Alfred Place and Slice the Pie

What a miserably cold wet day .. no chance I was going to get up and out at 5.45am today!  In fact at the current time I think it highly unlikely I will get out at all .. which was why I chose to walk up all 136 steps at Goodge Street Underground station.  My exercise for today.


...  on my way to London's top club for business people, One Alfred Place, and where they make the best cup of coffee you can buy ....  in my opinion.   






One Alfred Place was set up by entrepreneur Rob Shreeve as a club specifically designed to cater for business people:  it's a beautifully designed space in which to work and hold meetings with all the facilities you need like wi fi and meeting rooms, the service provided by the staff is 5*,  the sensationally good food served around the clock is cooked by their genius chef Duncan and it's very conveniently located 2 minutes walk from Goodge Street station.  Let me know if you want a tour (I'm lucky enough to be on the committee).


One of the reasons for tipping up there today was the meet Slice the Pie - have a look.  If you're interested in music you get to hear, rate and review new compositions.  If you're an artist, it's a  great way to get some useful feedback from Jo Public and, potentially, source the  money to create an EP.  Great concept.  And the sister "Sound Out" concepts are even more brilliant.


Another reason to love my job .. I meet so many interesting people doing interesting things.



No comments:

Post a Comment